Eco-friendly cardboard pens with seeds of aromatic plants
Organic products are fashionable and have already reached the stationery sector. We all have to be more "green" and always think about our planet, after all it is where we live. We want to show you today these paper pens, or cardboard pens, which are a great idea: An 85% recyclable pen that has a capsule with seeds inside. This model has lavender seeds, plant it and grow your own aromatic plant :)
This is how the Spanish company "De Oro Verde" has designed these original ecological biodegradable pens that also have seeds.
What is lavender?
Lavender is an aromatic plant present in the Mediterranean account, as well as in other countries of the world. Lavender is used to obtain aromatic essences (essential oils), and to manufacture other perfumery products. It can also be used as a seasoning.
Know the characteristics of this ecological pen:
- Made of 85% recyclable and biodegradable cardboard (the only plastic is the mine that contains ink).
- Very smooth writing with blue ink, it is normal oil ink.
- Tip is 0.5mm
- A green capsule at one end that is made of biodegradable material and contains seeds.
- It contains "Lavandula Spica Cav." seeds.
- Remember not to take the pen to your mouth or wet it: The pen is made of cardboard, and the deposit that contains the seeds melts with water.
These pens can be used in two ways:
1) Use it as a normal pen until the ink is finished and then you can plant it as indicated below.
2) Carefully open the capsule of seeds and plant them directly in a pot, the bowl will remain fully functional.
Why are these pens so special?
The idea of these pens is to make people aware that things can be recycled and create new products with them. In addition, the seed capsule is ideal to learn how a plant is born, why and for what. Therefore, they are ideal pens for children to learn all these aspects, which undoubtedly are very positive for them and for the future.
How do you plant a ballpoint pen with seeds?
It's very simple, just follow the instructions in the image: